- 17th August 2020
- Posted by: PMAN Consulting
- Category: H&S Consultancy
CHAS – Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
We at PMAN get asked on a daily basis, by suppliers and clients, about CHAS. As a safety business, we make sure that we give them the material they need to help make that decision. We do find that many contractors still doubt whether they should take the next step and become certified.
- Do you need to make an application to get a tender list?
- Do you need help with your application and registration?
- Are you unsure about how to gain certification, Compliance / become registered?
- Are you worried about the high failure rates for those making CHAS submissions?
- Are you unsure if you have the necessary documentation required by CHAS for assessment?
- Do you want to tender for contracts with a main contractor / your local council who require you to be compliant / certification?
- Have you already failed your assessment?
- Are you confused by the difference between registration, compliance and certification?
- Do you want professional assistance with your application, with fixed fee for under 5 employees?
Accreditation will help you win more business
What is assessed?
1) The company’s or the individual’s Health and Safety Policy statement
2) Health and Safety organisation and understanding
3) Specific health and safety procedures that are usually carried out to meet a customer’s requirement
What Do You Need to Apply?
CHAS assesses all areas of your health and safety and these are some of the key aspects:
- Health and safety policy
- Organisation of health and safety
- Health and safety training
- Insurance details (Employers’ and Public Liability Insurance)
- Toolbox talks
- Training qualifications
- Maintenance records
- PAT testing
- Subcontractor competence
- Construction Phase Plan
- First aid training
- Staff inductions
- Health surveillance
- Fire risk assessments
You will also need to provide evidence of recent risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments.